JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
ACQUISITION & DEPLOYMENT
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of telephony systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.