JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, consumer goods and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Real Estate Counsel, you will primarily be responsible for providing legal support in connection with a broad range of real estate transactions and managing various legal operations responsibilities. You may, from time to time, be tasked to provide legal support to our growing e-commerce business as well. You must bring exceptional business judgment and creativity to your daily role, and have a track record both of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced team environment. You must also be willing to pitch in and work seamlessly and effectively with internal clients at all levels of the company and across all functional groups.
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate a broad range of real transactional documents, including but not limited to purchase and sale agreements, leases, sub-leases, and amendments, as well as ancillary documents.
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate agreements related to construction of facilities, build-out of tenant improvements, and architectural design services.
- Manage legal due diligence for real estate and expansion both directly and through outside counsel.
- Confer with stakeholders including facilities expansion, building operations, and finance departments to ensure business needs are met.
- Manage and supervise outside counsel.
- Provide updates to senior management on status on real estate projects and matters as requested.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Admission to practice law in at least one state required.
- 6+ years of commercial real estate experience at a top-tier law firm or in house legal department, or combination of both.
- Experience with environmental laws, laboratory and research/development facilities a plus
- Experience with e-commerce transactions a plus.
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Must be well organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- High level of self-motivation and demonstrated capacity for independent judgment, planning, evaluation, and decision-making.
- Understanding of risk assessment and risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead cross-cutting process enhancement efforts.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Commercially-minded, creative, and solution-focused
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to quickly identify areas of concern and present them to in-house counsel and other stakeholders with recommendations.
- A natural leader and engaged team player with strong interpersonal capabilities.
- Able to juggle and successfully prioritize competing work streams simultaneously.
- Comfortable with risk – business enabling and sees the long path.
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations).
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character.
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view and ability to create an inclusive environment.
- Candid and personally secure; ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively.
- Comfortable in a flat organization with an entrepreneurial spirit and a “startup” mentality.
- JD from ABA accredited law school required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Boundless snacks and drinks.
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, Austin, Real Estate Attorney