JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments, and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG, and biotech, and were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service, and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Product Manager, E-liquids will work with Consumer Insights to identify market needs, and with Research and Development, to create and manage winning product portfolios. In this role, the individual will demonstrate a nuanced understanding of the unique sensory characteristics of e-liquid and regional cultural preferences.
Product managers at JUUL are collaborative: we work across all functions and seniority levels to formulate and execute product strategy, product guidelines, implementation priorities, and launch plans. Above all, we are mission-driven: we develop comprehensive strategies and relentless execution plans that are aligned with our vision of eliminating combustible cigarettes.
- Data-driven decision-making: Work with Consumer Insights, Regional and Country teams to gather insights that inform e-liquid product decisions. When data aren’t readily available, co-design methodologies to generate new insights.
- Product assortment and launch strategy: Translate customer and market insights into concrete launch portfolios and product roadmaps. Build executive alignment for your recommended course of action.
- Product development stakeholder: as implementation progresses, work collaboratively with R&D, operations, sales, and marketing to identify and resolve risks to our product development plan. As plans change, ensure that the development and executive teams are informed.
- Markets & customers: Understand the value our product brings to our diverse customer base and the cultural/behavioral differences that need to be incorporated into our product portfolio strategy in order to win in the global marketplace.
- Competitive analysis: Understand our customer's full range of alternatives, and JUULs positioning with respect to those alternatives.
- Consumer advocacy: Tireless advocate for the customer, both inside and outside of JUUL.
- 8+ years product management, product marketing, strategy, or similar experience.
- A demonstrable history of strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills.
- Management consulting or previous CPG experience.
- Consumer insights experience.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Mission-driven: we act in the best interest of the customer.
- Deeply curious: we seek to understand and ask Why? repeatedly.
- Relentless and crystal-clear communication: we sniff out and resolve ambiguity.
- Objective and analytical: we seek data and know the difference between facts and opinions.
- Synthesis: inspiration comes from many sources. We work cross-functionally to bring out the best ideas and build the best possible plan.
- Big plans, small ego: we're committed to our vision, our plan, and our team.
- Follow through: we do what we say we’ll do. We seek accountability for ourselves and expect it from others.
- Servant leadership: we are strong cross-functional leaders. Our colleagues give us permission to lead not because the org chart dictates it, but because we’ve earned their respect by helping them to be the best they can be.
- We get our hands dirty: plans are nothing without execution.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits, and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities