JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a People Operations Generalist to join our People team. Are you a self-motivated individual who thrives in a highly dynamic, high-growth environment? We are seeking someone who has a passion for getting things done, believes “good enough” never is, and who is committed to being a valuable resource to employees throughout the organization. The ideal candidate has an amazing work ethic, knows that follow-through is everything, has great attention to detail, and always takes ownership. This role will provide an incredible opportunity to gain experience and visibility to the full range of People Operations work at JUUL Labs and provide a great opportunity for growth.
- Manage and improve key People tools and processes to keep our organization running smoothly
- Support our team across all levels on all People policies and matters
- Work globally to invent new processes and best for Canada and beyond
- Build strong relationships with our partners; benefits, compensation, legal, and others
- Think creatively about the employee experience - find ways to improve every People Ops interaction
- Process, maintain and analyze data
- Support the People & Talent team on special projects and assignments as required
- Provide superior people support for our employees and contractors
- Data entry and administration of HRIS system
- Running/pulling basic reports
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of HR experience. Previous People Ops experience is a plus but not necessary. You should have a strong desire to build your career with us.
- Workday experience preferred
- Experience with customer support systems, preference ServiceNow
- Extremely detail-oriented - you can't sleep at night if loose ends haven't been tied off.
- Biased towards action with a track record of accomplishment.
- Strong interest in process improvement - you love finding ways to make processes more efficient and streamlined.
- Technically savvy. Proficient with Google Apps and you can quickly become an expert in new tools and systems; Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables & v-lookup)
- You are creative, innovative, and passionate with great judgement and attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and has an aptitude for bringing order and organization to competing priorities.
- You want to have fun at work with a dream team
- University Degree
- CHRP designation or HR degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of downtown Toronto
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in Canada.
Accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through JUUL Labs Canada People department for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format.