JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Specialist – Operations Risk Management for its rapidly scaling EMEA operation. As a key member of the Global Supply Chain team, you will partner with leaders and team members from across the demand planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, and operations engineering teams to develop, implement, and sustain EMEA Supply Chain operating risk assessment practices and policies.
This role will be a member of the Global Operations Strategy team, reporting to the Sr. Director – Strategic Risk Management, and will provide hands-on assessment of operational execution, and partner with organization leaders to establish risk control levels, implement mitigation solutions, and drive continuous improvement.
- Design / implement operations risk management process / practices for EMEA Supply Chain, focusing on key areas including, but not limited to direct economic impact, operational inefficiency / redundancy / quality, legal, and environmental impact
- Champion EMEA Supply Chain Risk Management efforts and ensure effective cross-functional team engagement (e.g. goal setting, time allocation prioritization, budget discipline, process / SAM development, internal / external client deliverables, performance measurement, etc.)
- Perform assessments of operational execution, and develop risk models with Avoid / Reduce / Share / Accept approach to proposed solutions
- Perform audits / mitigation plan oversight for contract manufacturers and other 3rd party partners
- Partner with organization leaders to determine risk control levels and implement mitigation solutions, ensuring affected parties understand their risk levels and level of accountability, and drive continuous improvement relating to risk reduction, incident reduction, cost reduction, and regulatory compliance
- Create highly refined and effective corporate level work products such as assessments, statistical analysis, procedures, training presentations, tools, etc., and organize and present management information
- Ensure policies / practices reflect current regulatory requirements and drive compliance throughout organization
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management, Management or Business Studies, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline with significant experience in the field of operations risk management
- International / EMEA experience with manufacturing and supply chain management preferred
- In depth knowledge of risk management evaluation and mitigation techniques
- Maintain an effective balance of technical writing and creativity / communication to create highly refined work products for nationwide facility use / implementation
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with modern Microsoft Windows Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for making a mark in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- High degree of efficiency; extreme focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Solid experience in effectively leading, developing and directly managing a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Highly professional demeanor; ability to interact with executive leaders with confidence
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Travel required:
- Scheduled - Approximately 35% via car / air throughout United States and International, with stayover
- Unscheduled/Emergency – Infrequently / as needed to support emergency situations