JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Specialist – EHS / Sustainability for its rapidly scaling EMEA operation. As a key member of the Global Supply Chain team, you will partner with leaders and team members from across the demand planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, and operations engineering teams to develop and implement EMEA EHS management system, and shepherd sustainability initiatives.
This role will be a member of the Global Operations Strategy team and report to the Sr. Manager – EHSS, and provide hands-on assessment of operational execution to establish risk control levels, implement mitigation solutions, and drive continuous improvement.
- Design / implement EHS process / practices for EMEA Supply Chain, focusing on key areas including, but not limited to direct economic impact, operational inefficiency / redundancy / quality, legal, and environmental impact
- Champion EMEA Supply Chain EHS efforts and ensure effective cross-functional team engagement (e.g. goal setting, time allocation prioritization, budget discipline, process / SAM development, internal / external client deliverables, performance measurement, etc.)
- Partner with Corporate Environmental Sustainability team to shepherd / implement both EMEA Supply Chain as well as enterprise sustainability initiatives
- Lead incident investigation / management of major incidents, and provide general support / oversight to affected teams to ensure effective management of less-than major incidents
- Perform audits / mitigation plan oversight for internal operations, as well as contract manufacturers and other 3rd party partners
- Create highly refined and effective corporate level HES management system work products such as procedures, training presentations, safe work practice documents, compliance assessments, tools, etc. for distribution to broad organization
- Partner with organization leaders to drive continuous improvement relating to risk reduction, incident reduction, cost reduction, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure effective EMEA regional regulatory agency partnerships and citation avoidance / mitigation
- Ensure EMEA Supply Chain policies reflect corporate policies and regulatory requirements
- Organize and present management information such as strategic planning initiatives, statistical performance, etc. to senior leadership
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree in Safety Sciences or related discipline and significant experience in the field of safety and health management.
- International / EMEA experience with manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain management preferred
- General knowledge of EMEA regional regulations governing HES
- Maintain an effective balance of technical writing and creativity / communication to create highly refined work products for nationwide facility use / implementation
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with modern Microsoft Windows Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for making a mark in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- High degree of efficiency; extreme focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Solid experience in effectively leading, developing and directly managing a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Highly professional demeanor; ability to interact with executive leaders with confidence
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
Work Environment / Travel Requirements:
- Travel required:
- Scheduled - Approximately 35% via car / air throughout EMEA and International, with overnight stays
- Unscheduled/Emergency – Infrequently / as needed to support emergency situations