JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month - disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service, salesforce and business professionals.
EMEA Headquartered in London, UK.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Manager, Talent Development & Engagement, EMEA will lead programmes such as performance management, succession planning, career pathways, salesforce training, global/EMEA wide development programmes, EMEA Training Academy, Engagement & Feedback that will help us develop and retain high-performing and engaged employees. Continuous leading and engaged teams who live our values, fuels our mission!
Reporting to the Senior Director, People, EMEA and strong collaboration with Senior Director, L&D (who is based in San Francisco in the US) and in-country People Lead/Partners.
Ideally based in London, UK.
Key member of the EMEA People & Talent team and Global L&D team.
He/she will be responsible:
- Input and shape any global L&D and engagement programmes such as Youth Prevention Training and systems and tools (LMS and LinkedIn Learning)
- Provide strategic input into the global talent management and engagement programme design, timeline and communications
- Lead the performance management process for EMEA from end to end working in collaboration with global functions on philosophy, timeline and stakeholder management in a matrix environment
- Manage the succession planning and development cycle and identification of high performance and those that need improvement
- Agree to an EMEA wide approach to high potential’s development, aligning into wider leadership development programmes and help high potentials to fill critical roles as they become available.
- Build a strong and diverse succession plan for leadership and critical roles in EMEA
- Support the development of career pathways and associated learning pathways
- Provide frameworks and tools to manage consistent poor performers
- Input into and implement a company-wide competency model
- Based on a deep understanding of the business, local and regional environment and expertise in talent development methodologies he/she will deliver best in class professional, sales, management and leadership development solutions that accelerate talent impact across the EMEA Region.
- Optimise LinkedIn Learning for all in EMEA
- Upskill ‘people managers’ in all aspects of people management
- Collaborate with Global L&D to implement global LMS system and ensure full adoption
- Design and deliver in-house salesforce training – point of contact for EMEA Learning Academy
- Shape and implement talent/leadership development courses as required
- Act as a learning evangelist and promote a growth mindset and culture of learning across the region
- Represent and champion the needs of EMEA’s learners in global learning initiatives and programs
- Effectively communicate & market our L&D offerings
- Promote a "feedback and coaching” culture
- Driving the EMEA engagement survey and upward management feedback survey, ensuring smooth implementation, high participation, communication of results at an EMEA level and across the region at country and functional level and agreed action plans and next steps that are followed. Close collaboration with EMEA and Global Communications
- Design and implement core talent management policies across EMEA and ensure consistent implementation (i.e. study leave) with alignment globally where needed
- Managing external third parties to drive Talent Management agenda.
- Own and drive organisational design strategies such as spans and layers
- Provide insights and best practice
- Expert and delivery training and raise knowledge in the country People Partner teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Deep experience of creating and scaling learning and training programs
- Technical experience of programmes such as performance management, development and succession programmes
- Strong ability to engage, motivate and inspire people to be the best that they can be
- Passionately focused on improving company performance by successfully creating and executing people strategies through L&D
- Previous experience with LMS systems and LinkedIn Learning strongly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management.
- A collaborative, engaging approach to work and colleagues
- Comfortable managing in a matrix environment
- Ability to deliver excellent results whilst working autonomously
- Comfortable with both strategy and execution
- Interpersonal skills (excellent presentation, communication, negotiation and influencing skills)
- Test and learning mindset
- Project management and multitasking skills
- Ability to work iteratively and utilize design-thinking approaches to develop people programs
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing environment with diverse needs and projects
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, focused and excellent time management
- Resourceful and able to work independently and effectively in a team.
- Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and/or equivalent professional work experience required
- Fluent in English
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Competitive package
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.