JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Retail Service Manager – Youth Prevention is responsible for ensuring that JUUL products are sold in a responsible way within their assigned territory in the xx region. This role will focus primarily on driving retailer adoption of advanced Point-of-Sale systems that facilitate ID scanning for age-gated products and prevent Bulk Purchase transactions by establishing relationships with our Retail Partners and their staff. In addition, this role will provide our retail partners valuable information about how they can protect their businesses and communities by performing responsible selling.
As the Retail Service Manager – Youth Prevention, you will serve as JUUL’s Youth Prevention ambassador for your assigned territory and will be expected to perform your duties with the highest levels of integrity. The individual best fit for this role will have a strong passion to play a pivotal role in driving one JUULs key initiatives: Youth Prevention.
An interest in sales technologies, including but not limited to Point-of-Sale systems, CRM software, communication technologies and software, etc. is necessary for success in this role. We are looking for individuals who thrive in an energetic, creative, innovative and data driven environment. Candidates should have the talent to execute successfully on these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities and want to succeed in a fast moving and exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with JUUL in our xx Region.
We’re looking for employees who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability and want an opportunity to really make a difference. Our Retail Service Management professionals do this by educating retailers with the purpose of transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL in a way that prevents youth usage.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as JUUL’s Youth Prevention ambassador for your assigned territory
- Ability to manage and mentor a team
- Devise selling strategies to drive retailer adoption of advanced Point-of-Sales solutions that facilitate ID scanning for age-gated products and prevent Bulk Purchase transactions
- Call on established accounts and prospect new retailers; i.e Specialty retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), C-Stores, Bodegas, etc.
- Plan, organize, and execute territory plans, using data-driven decision making
- Work collaboratively with the JUUL Territory Sales Managers, Operations and Trade Marketing to increase awareness of JUUL’s Youth Prevention efforts at Retail.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regional Office / Team and other teams nationally.
- Proficient and or adept to using today’s sales technologies and software, especially retail Point-of-Sale systems, CRM - Salesforce, to identify, analyze and act upon leads, opportunities, customer data.
- Achieving OKR’s (KPI’s) set for the company, regional team and individual performance.
- Building deep “Trusted Advisor” relationships with store managers / owners and distribution partner’s sales teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry
- Consistently representing yourself and applying JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions. It is expected that Retail Service Managers – Youth Prevention will become not only a passionate product and industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
- Possibly attend trade shows and events
- Possibly attend retailer and distributor product and sales training events.
- Communicate plans to leadership. Be able to develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results.
- Assess both successes and failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Focus on execution to make things happen and get the job done.
* Please note you are applying for a role within the East region. We are also seeking Retail Service Managers throughout US & Canada. RSMs are required to live in their assigned territories. Travel to other regions may be required as needed.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1–3 years experience, CPG, technology and/or consumer electronics a plus
- Experience with POS system computers (servers, desktops, cash registers, laptops and tablets)
- Experience with POS related devices, like POS printers, scanners and credit card readers
- Good understanding of a test and learn approach
- Willingness to operate out of your comfort zone in a new industry
- Great communicator using technology (powerpoint, excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Able to make data driven decisions
- Capability to discern important factors from noise in a busy role
- Proficiency and aptitude of basic computer skills, and CRM software (Salesforce).
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn new sales technology and data analytics.
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative and be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: New York City
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.