ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
We seek a highly motivated Manager, Engineering Program Management to be an operational technical authority for a program and will have the full understanding and ownership of:
- a program management team with the operations engineering organization
- the design, function and testing of products
- the manufacturing process, test and IPQC control
- - the quality control and failure analysis of products
A Manager, Engineering Program Management is driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in people development and management, program/project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manages through relationships and influence, and displays grace under fire.
- New Product Introduction / Technical Project Management / Manufacturing Operations / Development or Operations Engineering experience
- Self-Motivated, Deliverable and Results focused individual
- Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to foresee issues and navigate through them
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to think critically, incorporating sound judgement and business acumen to analyze information, remove roadblocks, and drive results
- Excellent program management and communication skills
- Extraordinary ability to build relationships; data-driven and action-oriented; enthusiastic and motivated; and detail-oriented while managing several work-streams.
- Plan and execute all development, engineering, qualifications and rapid ramps of new Equipment projects.
- Connect Operations Engineering, OPM, GSM, SQE, TPM and other internal and external teams by coordinating activity and deliverables
- For development builds and readiness activities at the OEM sites: 30-35% travel required in a 6-8 month time frame.
- Assess, analyze, consolidate, and communicate risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the multi-functional executive team through the new product reviews.
- Responsible for the management, execution and implementation of key operations program launches at JUUL for next generation products, and for coordination the operations engineering team activity.
- Manage teams of cross functional experts and contributors who are responsible for developing and delivering next generation equipment processes for future products.
- Collaborate with Product Design, Automation engineering, production, NPI team, quality, manufacturing engineering, and other Program Management teams to provide support and expertise as required.
- Provide guidance and direction to a group of experts in multiple disciplines required in device assembly, pod manufacturing, and packaging
- Build out and lead a team to support the objectives and needs of JUUL Labs
- Develop processes and requirements for improved manufacturing capability
- Lead and develop projects that improve production output, cost, etc. and make recommendations to senior management
- Regular travel to pilot, launch and production sites to understand challenges and translate those visits into actions for the technology team
Education and Experience Required:
- 15+ years of experience in high tech field – EMS, semiconductor, solar, medical devices, PCBA, etc.
- BS or MS in Engineering (Industrial, Manufacturing etc)
- MBA, PMP, PMI certification, Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles