JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Population Health, Data Science, and Research at JUUL Labs means working with ambiguous questions, varied and messy data sets, and applying scientific and analytical methods to help inform and drive business, product, and policy decisions. We see ourselves as scientific investigators and output-focused problem solvers who value strong conceptual thinking and superb communication skills.
We are looking for a Modeling and Simulation Scientist who can join our team of multidisciplinary researchers working on the design, development, and validation and verification of an agent-based model for population health modeling. The Modeling and Simulation Scientist will be responsible for leveraging behavioral, clinical, and preclinical research, and computational modeling techniques to develop long-term population models evaluating the impact of tobacco use, vaping, and JUUL use on US and international populations. You will simulate population dynamics over time and visualize large-scale simulation data and findings in ways that are easy to understand. In this role, you will help to fundamentally deepen our understanding of the impact our products have on consumers and their health on a macro scale via applied research, modeling, analysis, and results synthesis.
This role offers tremendous upwards exposure towards senior business leaders and the chance to truly impact the decision making in a rapidly growing startup.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years experience with machine learning, data analysis, system dynamics modeling, and agent-based simulation .
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret simulation models and relevant outcomes
- Strong foundation in probability, statistics, causal inference, and statistical modeling
- Excellent Python, R, and SQL skills; knowledge of MATLAB is a plus
- You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical staff
- Output-focused and see data science as a powerful tool to get things done rather than as an end in and of itself
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data visualization, dashboarding, and analytical report building
- Demonstrated experience writing and publishing peer-reviewed publications or technical reports
- M.S. or Ph.D. in in a relevant scientific or quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Biomedical Science, Medical Engineering, Public Health, or a similar program).
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits