JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The JUUL Global Marketing team is establishing JUUL as an iconic, world-renowned brand, enabling our JUUL mission of inspiring the world’s 1B+ smokers to make the switch. Our Global Commercial Marketing team partners with regional marketing leaders to launch the brand in new countries. The role of Director, Global Commercial Marketing (APAC) is to enable brand-right marketing programs that deliver against business goals in partnership with the regional and local leads throughout the Asia-Pacific Region. This leader will be the voice of the brand in strategic discussions and will work cross-functionally to ensure global brand consistency. They will be responsible for proactively collaborating with multiple stakeholders, managing key marketing initiatives and providing actionable recommendations that drive scalable business results. This role will enable robust and persuasive storytelling to guide brand and media strategy, we well as influence decision-making at the management level.
- Enable the regional VP and local country marketers to build brand recognition and reach within their market through a coordinated plan that ladders up to a globally driven offense
- Establish regular strategic touchpoints with Global and Marketing leadership to ensure alignment, briefing and programming needs are met for the region
- Advocate on behalf of the in-market partners to ensure their marketing needs are understood and addressed in the global marketing process
- Develop clear guidelines across all brand touchpoints to ensure uniform global execution including compliance, regulatory and legal requirements
- Work closely with product marketing team to define materials and programs that facilitate international growth
- Monitor and evaluate key metrics and success criteria that drive strategic intent for all marketing, advertising, and content across all activations
- Establish consistency across all customer touchpoints including product, retail, digital, BTL & ATL marketing
- Drive an effective go-to market plan ensuring marketing deadlines are achieved to timely global and regional seasonal execution
- Align across all marketing functions (including product marketing, consumer insights, sales, trade and retail marketing) to ensure coordinated and seamless consumer journeys
- Contribute to the Annual Planning progress for budgeting and winning program execution in market
- Manage agency partnerships focused on maximizing efficient use of resources
- Lead 2+ direct reports on Global Commercial Marketing team
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Marketing in global organization
- Corporate/Client or Agency experience or combination of both preferred
- Experience working in Asia-Pacific region; China experience preferred
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry preferred
- Must have proven track record of career growth and broad experience in various aspects of marketing, with significant experience in media planning and agency management
- Strong experience building 360° marketing campaigns; focused on strategic marketing planning, digital execution, and brand partnerships
- Must know latest industry developments, trends, and shifts in the media planning and brand activation landscape
- Strong presentation skills for various audiences/levels. Needs to understand and utilize the power of story-telling.
- Ability to foster trust and respect of colleagues to influence decision-making and ensure programs include marketing input and insights
- Agile mindset to continually improve and stay ahead of industry and cultural trends
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to align teams regardless of location, cultural norms and business bias.
- Must be passionate about JUUL’s mission; Operate with integrity and good judgement always making ethical business decisions
- Ability to travel up to 20% and available to off-hours to meet needs of region
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.