JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Sr. Manager – Global Security/Loss Prevention for its rapidly scaling global operation. As a key member of the Global Supply Chain team, you will lead the Security/Loss Prevention team, and partner with leaders and team members from across the demand planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, and operations engineering teams to develop, implement, and sustain Global Supply Chain security and loss prevention practices and policies.
This role will be a member of the Global Operations Strategy team, reporting to the Sr. Director – Strategic Risk Management, and will provide hands-on assessment of operational execution, and partner with organization leaders to establish risk control levels, implement mitigation solutions, and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead Global Supply Chain Security/Loss Prevention team members and ensure effective team management (e.g. goal setting, time allocation prioritization, budget discipline, process/SAM development, internal/external client deliverables, performance measurement, etc.)
- Develop and oversee effective implementation of security/loss prevention management system for Global Supply Chain operations
- Partner with Corporate Compliance and Legal teams to shepherd/implement both Global Supply Chain as well as enterprise security/loss prevention initiatives
- Design, implement, and maintain building and transit loss control/security processes (e.g. access control, officer patrol, high value inventory management, CCTV, alarm, trailer in-transit/storage protocol, penetration testing/auditing, event investigation)
- Perform audits/mitigation plan oversight for internal operations, as well as contract manufacturers and other 3rd party partners
- Ensure the effective utilization of physical/administrative controls to prevent and reduce loss
- Partner with organization leaders to drive continuous improvement relating to risk reduction, incident reduction, and cost reduction.
- Lead major/high profile investigations, and provide general support and oversight/coordinate 2nd tier investigations using local authorities and site resources
- Coordinate with Federal, State, Local law enforcement to drive a thorough incident investigation and prosecution
- Manage security service provider relationships
- Ensure Global Supply Chain policies reflect corporate policies and regulatory requirements
- Organize and present management information such as strategic planning initiatives, statistical performance, etc. to senior leadership
- Create highly refined and effective corporate level security/LP management system work products such as procedures, training presentations, work practice documents, compliance assessments, tools, etc. for distribution to sites nationwide
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Criminology or related discipline and minimum of 10 years facility experience in the field of security/loss prevention management Domestic and international experience with manufacturing and supply chain management preferred
- In depth knowledge of investigation/interrogation techniques (Certifications)
- Maintain an effective balance of technical writing and creativity/communication to create highly refined work products for nationwide facility use/implementation
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proficient with modern Microsoft Windows Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for making a mark in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- High degree of efficiency; extreme focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Solid experience in effectively leading, developing, and directly managing a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Highly professional demeanor; ability to interact with executive leaders with confidence
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to use a computer and peripherals (mouse, keypad, etc) for lengthy periods
- Ability to train/give instruction to large groups of people
- Travel required:
- Scheduled - Approximately 35% via car/air throughout United States and International, with stayover
- Unscheduled/Emergency – Infrequently/as needed to support emergency situations