JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Director, HR Technology. The Director of HR Technology is responsible for the systems design, maintenance, reporting, vendor partnerships, internal partnerships, and project management for the HR Operations, HRIS system, in addition to HR transactional and compliance processes. This includes all phases of system functionality, data management, reporting, and other operations for the JUUL Labs HR systems landscape. The position will also build core processes, and oversee the efficiency and effectiveness of our HR systems as well as how these systems interface with other proprietary and third-party systems/solutions. This includes the specification, development and implementation of new or updated systems, reports and policies and procedures for internal use with a focus on continuous improvement while maintaining the integrity of the existing structure, security and data. This leader’s responsibilities also include all people data, metrics, reporting and analytics.
- Develops and manages to a vision, strategy and plans for HR Systems.
- Responsible for all aspects of HR Systems and related system operations, processes, data flows, security, reporting and analytics.
- Sets the overall direction of HR systems. Directs the HR information strategy by consulting with human resources, executives, finance and other management to ascertain organizational needs for payroll, benefits, and human resources related information.
- Optimizes HRIS systems to meet workforce requirements creating opportunities for automation, reduction of manual processes, and simple processes.
- Works closely with IT to ensure effective management of the maintenance of the applications and infrastructure, including tracking and remediation of production support issues as well as execution and reporting.
- Manages the implementation of new functionality and business process improvements including determining stakeholder and business value, requirements gathering, testing, roll-out, and end user training and adoption. This includes creation and oversight of change management plans (covering communication, sponsorship and education).
- Works with the business to identify and suggest metrics needed for business objectives; uses system capabilities to efficiently deploy those metrics.
- Leads and works closely with vendors to ensure service delivery accountability, and customer partnerships to learn system best practices.
- Creates reporting and analyzes/audits data and processes to ensure maximum effectiveness, aligned with operational needs.
- Proactively stays abreast of industry trends and new technologies. Makes appropriate recommendations to enhance, develop and innovate in order to better serve the evolving needs of the businesses.
- Responsible for successful HR System integrations of any newly acquired businesses.
- Drives efforts to determine best HRIS system for the organization, work through RFPs, and lead system migration / integration efforts with IT and vendor partnerships.
- Participates in key business and HR projects that have a systems and/or data element.
- Support the creation and deployment of the HR shared services strategy in partnership with Shared Services and other HR Leaders, HR Centers of Excellence and business stakeholders.
- Multiple Workday Implementations
- Extensive experience configuring multiple Workday modules like HCM
- Recent history leading a Global HRIS Team that includes Workday
- BA/BS degree in a related field is preferred.
- Certification (HRIS) preferred but not required
- 10+ years of progressive growth supporting HRIS solutions, business process improvements
- and development of a self-service culture.
- 5+ years leading HRIS functional support teams.
- 3+ years leading HR transactional support teams.
- 5+ years closely collaborating with a technical support team.
- Experience managing HR compliance programs.
- Experience with various HR systems required; Workday preferred.
- Experience with data, metrics and reporting.
- Demonstrated agile experience and advanced project management skills.
- Experience leading successful systems migrations.
- Systems implementation experience a must.
- Experience preparing and presenting summary information and proposals to senior
- Experience in consulting a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including keen judgment and decision-making, with an eye towards process efficiency and simplification.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional consultation and collaborative skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral, presentation, facilitation; experience with creating and delivering presentations to senior management); ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical users.
- Exquisite attention to detail.
- Self-starter, results-oriented, hands-on professional
- Excellent technical writing skills for development, implementation, and maintenance of documentation
- Strategic and visionary skills
- Proven management skills and the ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team of professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional reporting and analysis skills
- College graduate with past analytical work/research experience or working toward a post-graduate degree in Computer Technology, Business Administration, Science, Engineering, Mathematics
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA, Mountain View, CA, or Toronto, Canada