JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an Associate, Americas Strategy, Strategic Initiatives to join the Commercial Strategy and Planning team. In this role, you will work with senior leadership across the company—sales, product-brand, trade marketing, sales operations, supply chain, finance, and regulatory-legal—to strengthen JUUL’s position in the marketplace. This role is ideal for someone who has experience in a combination of management consulting and cross-functional corporate roles as defined below. In this role you’ll be wearing different hats, so you should be comfortable jumping in and out of projects both strategic and operational.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Perform commercial business planning, implementation, and evaluation to deliver solutions that drive profitable sales growth.
- Drive the Commercial efforts supporting customer promotions, product launches, brand campaigns, new channel strategy, and trade marketing and sales operations execution.
- Define implementation priorities and execution plans. Manage external and internal customer relationships, influencing strategy and execution.
- Structure strategic plans and analyze business problems, including assessments of risks, benefits, and operational agility. Counsel executives to ensure organizational alignment.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years of experience in a combination of management consulting and corporate roles
- Experience in the CPG, tech, biotech, or medical device industries
- Proven history of project leadership and positive results in a highly cross-functional, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Preferred: experience in commercial planning, and project management of sales, trade-marketing or distribution strategy
- Bonus: experience designing and implementing best-in-class process with cross-functional partners
- Bonus: functional understanding spanning sales, product-brand, trade marketing, sales operations, supply chain, finance, and regulatory / legal
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Self-starter with ability to focus on tactical execution to get the job done
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong cross-functional partnerships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bonus: familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, Salesforce, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field; top-tier institution preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of Austin, Texas!
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.