JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
About This Role
JUUL is the market leader in the e-Cigarette category with a tremendous amount of growth potential. You will work directly for the Regional Chain Director in the Region as well as collaborate with National Chain Account Directors, Region Independent and Chain Sales Teams & Trade Marketing to maximize sales through execution and market presence. This is an exciting opportunity to elevate sales planning and execution within existing customers as well as identify potential incremental partners to maximize our distribution and presence within the Region. In this role you’ll be successful by utilizing several different skill sets; including the ability to manage distributor ordering capabilities, optimize retailer onboarding and planning, develop best in class processes to build efficiencies, as well as communicate across several internal and external stakeholder groups to drive sales execution in the marketplace.
What You’ll Accomplish in this Role
- Manage Regional Distributors as well as National Distributor Divisions in the Region as assigned through a combination of maintaining regular call frequency, elevate rate of sale in existing customers, and work with KAMs to create selling opportunities with new Regional Chain customers.
- Collaborate with Trade Marketing and Category Leadership team to create sales materials to assist distributor partners in selling efforts as well as programming to drive rate of sale and incremental product placement within the Region territory.
- Effectively communicate with internal departments, partner distributors, & retail customers to develop & execute sales strategy.
- Routine management of sales execution and category leadership with all partner distributors and chain retail accounts.
- Develop and deliver successful retail programming partnerships that maximize ROI sales budget management in mind.
- Work across internal departments to resolve any customer issues.
- Serve as the Region expert regarding distributor needs, pricing, processes, programs, inventory, and sales opportunities.
What We’d Like to See
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- 5-7 years of Sales experience with distributors as well as both independent and chain retailer accounts, preferably in the consumer products industry.
- 2-4 years of experience working with broadline
- Proven sales leadership ability with advanced business development skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. In addition to Region VP and Directors, communication to internal and external sales teams is critical to success in this role.
- Analytical working knowledge using IRI, Nielsen, and MSA data to provide retail customers with fact-based category insights to elevate sales leadership position.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, and ability to drive category leadership sales execution.
- Strong internal and external customer orientation with the ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Highly adaptable and inherently motivated to develop a portfolio growth strategy within the industry.
Bonus Points For
- Advanced Degree in Business or related field.
- Industry experience in Tobacco or Other Tobacco Products category.
- Sales, Distribution, and/or Trade Marketing Management experience.
- Understanding the JUUL customer and vapor industry.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles