JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling millions of JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Advanced Technology Group (Atomizer Technology), the Microfluidics Engineering Manager will develop new technologies and platforms as well as support the engineering team in development of new products. We are looking for an extraordinary, results-driven scientist with expertise in microfluidics to make contributions towards developing and deploying an exciting and novel microfluidic technology. You will lead a small, yet growing, world-class team in microfluidics to lead or contribute to various research and development activities relating to this technology.
- Manage development of novel e-Liquid pods and cartridges that deliver high amounts of aerosol while also not leaking, even under vacuum.
- Work with your team to design and characterize injection molded microfluidic features to control e-Liquid flow in a pod.
- Develop microfluidic devices and systems toward commercial deployment by applying skills in innovation to design, prototype, test and analyze microfluidic components and systems
- Design and execute experimental research projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate and assist with implementation of control and data acquisition systems
- Willing to learn and develop new skills by contributing to areas outside of expertise
- Hire and develop a small team of microfluidics experts and mentor your direct reports to grow their career
- Assist with the generation of intellectual property, including identifying opportunities writing IP disclosures and working with patent attorneys
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters degree with 5+ years academic or industry experience.
- Experience in a few of the following areas: micro/nanofabrication, injection molding, micro/nano biosensing, N/MEMS, analytical chemistry or biology.
- Background in microscopy, fluorescence imaging and/or high-speed imaging
- Willingness to contribute to design of other systems outside of the microfluidics area as well.
- Wet chemistry lab experience.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or other CAD software
- Proficiency with COMSOL, Fluent, or other microfluidic simulation package
- Deep theoretical background in fluidic physics and fluid dynamics
- Experience with and track record of design for manufacturability.
- Experience in industrial research environments, including product development or manufacturing.
- Experience managing people and projects with challenging success criteria
- Optical, electrical or mechanical design and prototyping experience.
- Data analysis in python and/or Matlab.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Masters in physics, material science, mechanical engineering, or any other related field of study with an emphasis on the theory and applications of microfluidics.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, iOS, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, New York, NY, NYC, New York City, Data, Data Science, Data Engineering, Analyics Engineering,, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Python, DBT, Pandas, BigQuery, Snowflake, Fivetran, Looker, Mode, Tableau