JUUL’s mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries. We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The User Documentation Specialist reports to the CFD Principal Research Scientist. In this role, you will plan, manage, prepare, edit and publish technical documentation that contributes to the overall success and efficient use of our CFD software EXN/Aero. While upkeep of the documentation is a primary function, you will be encouraged to seek and integrate processes to automate and drive higher efficiency in documentation maintenance. You will draw upon your experience & knowledge in fluid mechanics to compose documentation for both the theory guide and user manual for EXN/Aero. Developers and applications engineers will contribute content that will need to be compiled, edited and merged with the documentation repository. In addition to documentation tasks, you will be called upon to develop training material in the form of tutorials for new hires. Overall, this role is an excellent opportunity to broaden your knowledge of fluid mechanics, simulation technique s for CFD, and writing skills needed to communicate concepts effectively.
- Develop the documentation structure and strategy
- Explore authoring tools or methods and create a documentation methodology that is efficient and robust.
- Update current documentation system and improve coverage to 100%
- Maintain, and develop processes to maintain code through regular updates
- Self - educate on subjects such as fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and CFD concepts
- Develop custom digital formats or interactive eLearning materials as appropriate
- Set deadlines for development and applications staff to submit draft content for editing
- Develop tutorial material for training new hires
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidate will be required to demonstrate exceptional English language communication skill via submission of previous technical writing work (e.g. journal article where candidate is primary author, graduate thesis, original works, etc...)
- Knowledge and under standing of fluid mechanics theory and its application
- CFD experience preferred
- Development experience in common programming languages such as C, C++, FORTRAN preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Willing and able to work in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Relocation packages available
Fredericton is a beautiful, vibrant, growing city in eastern Canada. It's the capital city of New Brunswick and is home to the main campus of the University of New Brunswick. Like most places in the Atlantic provinces, you can expect short commute times (< 20min to anywhere), very affordable housing, welcoming people and a friendly atmosphere. We have a strong, supportive entrepreneurial community, multiple engineering companies, and good employment opportunities for spouses in both public and private sectors. Fredericton resides on the northernmost navigable waters of the Saint John River, boasts a vibrant arts community, and has multiple all - season options for outdoor activities including cycling, cross -country skiing, paddling and ATVing. Within 2 hours of Fredericton, you can find sandy beaches, ski hills, rugged coastlines, hiking, national / provincial parks and the border with Maine, USA. Overall, it's a great place to live, work and raise a family -- if you are moving here from afar, expect to find a place you'll quickly call home.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles