JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Statistical Programming Group is responsible for developing software for the analysis of clinical study data in accordance with departmental SOPs and guidelines.
- Develop programming validation procedures and test plans, as necessary.
- Provide time and resource estimates to programming lead for project planning.
- Collaborate with other statistical colleagues and study team members to provide input to study data collection and statistical result generation.
- Understand relevant Clinical Trials in order to enhance study team collaboration.
- Review and participate in programming team planning and implementation.
- Provide input on key study related documents produced by other study team functions (e.g. CRFs, Data Management Plan, SAPs, etc.).
- Be accountable for creating, validating and approving CDISC compliant datasets, statistical analysis result and corresponding documentation for electronic submission to regulatory agencies.
- Develop programming tools and macros to generate statistical results and displays compliant to submission standard to regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrate SAS programming proficiency.
- Create and maintain department SOPs related to clinical programming.
- Oversee and validate work of internal contract programmers and external vendors.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in developing software for clinical trials using the SAS system
- Skilled in programming with SAS. Knowledge of additional programming languages a plus.
- Good knowledge of statistics and drug development process
- Experience overseeing the work of internal contractors and external vendors (CROs)
- Experience in pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics modeling a plus
- Familiarity with CDISC standards, including SDTM and ADaM models
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Life Sciences or other relevant scientific fields. Master’s Degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits