JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBLITES
The Sr. Scientific Affairs Advisor is a Sr. Scientist role who will be providing key insight and opinion for policy and regulation, research analysis and in-depth scientific contextualization to the Canadian Government Affairs and Regulatory teams. This position is responsible for scientific advisory to internal organizations for comprehensive, accurate scientific and clinical information within regulatory guidelines of region/country. These organizations would include: medical and clinical affairs, communications, government affairs, commercial operations, and management. This will include meeting with government officials and strategic third-party scientific partners across Canada.
- Deliver scientific presentations to internal/external audience within Canada
- Ability to manage in-depth confident conversations/debates with scientific, medical, business and government professionals
- Provide coaching and insight to internal organizations to enable in-depth clinical/scientific discussions
- Monitors the scientific/medical literature, review published product-related articles within region to establish consistent communication of key messages in collaboration with Global Scientific Affairs
- Provide scientific insights and expertise with high-level government and public health officials within region.
- Work closely with regulatory, medical and clinical affairs, region presidents and global scientific affairs to disseminate and maintain integrity of corporate scientific narrative.
- Support the Canadian commercial and regulatory leaders by providing expert analysis, information, scientific communications, and expertise for policy and regulatory engagements
- Represent JUUL at clinical and scientific conferences
- Provide oversight of regional research in collaboration with global partners
- Close collaboration with regional Govenrment Affairs team
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent graduate degree required with a focus in tobacco cessation, toxicology, addiction medicine, or public health preferred, inclusive of professional experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, chemistry, or medical device industries.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Fluent French language skills
- Superb scientific interpretation and contextualization ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented and able to prioritize and balance workloads and timelines and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting to health-related audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written and oral communication skills.
- Thrives in a cross-functional role and working in a global team. Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with peers and colleagues, in a cross functional setting.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to meet strict deadlines and deliver in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to travel as required.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits