**10+ years of experience running complex manufacturing in Medical or Pharmaceutical environmen
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Senior Operations Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the execution of the operations plan for the contract manufacturer located in Columbia South Carolina. This includes facilitating communication between JUUL and the local suppliers, from all different teams (logistic, planning, quality, engineering), managing supplier’s performances and managing expectations to meet on-going targets around on-time delivery, quality and customer satisfaction.
This position reports to the Director, POD Manufacturing
- Responsible for supplier’s operational execution KPI’s, with emphasis on OTD, OEE, forecast execution, quality and delivery. This requires following up with suppliers on day-to-day execution. In addition, the company’s growth environment requires the management of ramp plans to include equipment, facilities and headcount to support the business.
- Communicate schedules internally and with suppliers and assist with the prioritization of overall activities and escalate issues accordingly.
- Interface daily with supplier’s main point of contacts, both on site and remotely,
- Develop and deploy plans with suppliers to track and improve performance.
- Supplier ramp up planning, including staffing and facilities, help prioritize activities overall.
- Facilitate execution of special engineering projects (part or process qualifications for example)
- Facilitate resolution of some commercial issues – escalate to GSM or management as required
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal/external partners & stakeholders.
- Participate, as and when needed/appropriate, in cross-functional or other project teams; helping the overall business of Juul to continuously evolve, improve and excel.
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of experience running complex manufacturing in Medical or Pharmaceutical environment. Having Plant Management or Operations Director type roles are a plus
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel globally, 25% to 50%.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, or even global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop team members.
- Ability to manage senior and junior team members.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving.
- Proficient in common office computer software.
- BA/BS degree or master’s degree preferred. Degreed in Operations Manufacturing or Engineering preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles-