JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL, the Product Manager of Security and Privacy for connected hardware and software devices will be influential in defining, developing and implementing Juul’s security and privacy strategy for next generation hardware and software programs. This role requires deep security and privacy subject matter expertise, the ability to think strategically and to develop elegant, innovative solutions to complex problems. As the voice of the customer, communication, diplomacy, consumer advocacy, and the ability to deliver on time and with excellence are key.
Product managers at JUUL are collaborative: we work across all functions and seniority levels to formulate and execute product strategy, product definition, implementation priorities, and launch plans. Above all, we are mission driven: we develop comprehensive strategies and relentless execution plans that are aligned with our vision of eliminating combustible cigarettes.
- Own the product roadmap, MRDs and PRDs: Define, develop, launch, maintain and monitor security and privacy features in alignment with the long-term product vision, user needs, market trends, and regulatory landscape.
- Product strategy: Ensure that we have a comprehensive product security and privacy strategy in alignment with JUUL’s vision and operating plan as well as regulatory and legislative needs.
- Data driven decision-making: Gather insights to inform product decisions. When insights aren’t readily available, develop methods and tools to attain them.
- Markets & customers: Understand the value our product brings to our diverse customer base in the global marketplace and translate this understanding into relevant product features.
- Engineering’s trusted resource: Balance technical feasibility with user requirements and timely releases.
- Product development stakeholder: Work collaboratively with program, design, operations, legal, regulatory, customer support and marketing to identify and resolve risks to our security and privacy product development plan and support management of product backlog.
- Consumer advocacy: Tirelessly advocate for the customer, both inside and outside of JUUL.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6 - 8+ years of product management experience in the security and privacy aspects of consumer products
- Strong understanding of and experience building security and privacy-related features
- Strong understanding of customer privacy regulations around consumer products
- Strong understanding of identity, account or access control systems for consumer products
- A demonstrable history of successful consumer product launches.
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Mission driven: We act in the best interest of the customer.
- Deeply curious: We seek to understand, and ask “Why?” repeatedly.
- Relentless and crystal-clear communication: We sniff out and resolve ambiguity.
- Objective and analytical: We seek data and know the difference between facts and opinions.
- Synthesis: Inspiration comes from many sources. We work cross-functionally to bring out the best ideas and build the best possible plan.
- Big plans, small ego: We’re committed to our vision, our plan, and our team.
- Follow through: we do what we say we’ll do. We seek accountability for ourselves and expect it from others.
- Servant leadership: We are strong cross-functional leaders. Our colleagues give us permission to lead not because the org chart dictates it, but because we’ve earned their respect by helping them to be the best they can be.
- We get our hands dirty: Plans are nothing without execution.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities