JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an Accounting Director to join our Accounting Team. Candidate will be responsible for owning fixed asset accounting process including account analysis and reconciliations and managing the team performing these tasks daily. This position requires that the candidate be able to work independently and collaboratively with other members of the Corporate Staff and the Finance Groups of the various operating units.
- Manage the team which maintains the fixed assets subsidiary ledger
- Review daily / monthly reports to ensure the team is making the appropriate classification under the company policy and implement process and structure to grow in a scalable nature in the future
- Maintain the company Fixed Asset policy and act as the company subject matter expert in the area working closely with international subsidiaries to ensure consistent and compliant accounting each period
- Have in depth experience working with ASC 842 accounting and 842 process implementations. Be responsible for the monthly accounting and proper balance sheet P&L presentation of qualifying assets monthly.
- Present management with monthly review of fixed asset expenditures, assets in progress and changes to the capital expenditure forecast.
- Maintain inventory list of fixed assets including asset location, asset identifier, tax exemption status and other essential information about the asset that meets IRS and management’s requirements for documentation.
- Train accounts payable personnel in proper identification and coding of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow forecasts.
- Work closely with insurance teams to ensure property, plant, and equipment values are correct for the corresponding risk management processes
- Assist management during any audits by a government agency that involves fixed assets.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of experience including at management level
- Manufacturing experience, data center, or other large-scale environment managing $250 million+ in asset value and thousands of individual assets is required
- Fixed Asset working experience is required
- Exceptional presentation/communication skills
- Outgoing personality, someone that enjoys being in an operations role
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate ideas/findings effectively
- BS in Finance or Accounting, Engineering
- CMA / CPA a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.