JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, battery experts, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, Battery to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Quality Supply Chain, they will work across the JUUL organization as well as battery cell and pack suppliers to help define and execute the highest levels of quality - technical and process excellence, meet all quality requirements for new products, and assure sustaining quality and regulatory compliance of existing products. This person will play a key role in establishing best in class quality systems at our battery vendors and meet all related regulatory and quality standards. They will interface closely with battery vendors, design engineering, battery TPM, manufacturing, GSM and PM within JUUL. This role will be in South China, traveling between ShenZhen, DongGuan and HuiZhou.
- Interface directly with battery vendors to establish and sustain the highest levels of safety, quality standards and regulatory compliance
- Ensure cross functional activities are compliant with JUUL QMS including, but not limited to: change control, process qualification, record control, traceability, system design, deviation control etc.
- Lead the efforts to manage and improve vendor’s QMS, documentation and manufacturing processes and implement best production practices and tools
- Provide quality updates and dashboards for battery projects.
- Collect data and compile supplier quality scorecards as key input to supplier performance evaluation. Present it to suppliers and lead the actions to improve supplier.
- Strong problem resolving player: Identify potential problems and improvements with design of new products, specifications and components. anticipates potential problems, identifies and resolves performance issues and problems that affect the reliability, quality.
- International and domestic travel to supplier sites up to 70%
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of supplier quality experience, including 5+ years of battery industry or battery supplier management in medical device, consumer or other high production volume products.
- Strong strategic thinking, verbal and writing communication skills, English is working language.
- Strong technical background in battery design and manufacturing process.
- Strong ability to lead supplier qualification and process validation, supplier development and new project launch, trouble shooting and quality improvement.
- Solid understanding of quality tools like statistical process control, Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, 8D problem solving, pFMEA, MSA/GR&R, FAI&Cpk, PPAP etc.
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people's opinions and backgrounds to produce excellent results
- Data driven: Willing to listen, learn, and prove or disprove assumptions with data
- Team player with a Can-do attitude
- Be an excellent collaborator across teams, functions, organizational boundaries inside and outside of JUUL
- Assertive style that drives excellence in supplier quality management
- ISO13485 internal/lead auditor certification preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, mechanical, chemical, power management or manufacturing preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.