JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Packaging Design Project Manager is responsible for managing design projects end-to-end. The DPM must be able to prioritize issues, track day-to-day tasks, as well as be cognizant of the bigger picture, in order to call out and mitigate schedule and project risks. The DPM will interact with design, engineering, product, R&D, program, regulatory, marketing, manufacturing, intellectual property teams, as well as external JUUL resources. With these teams you will identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and risks to the quality of the design and/or product. The Sr. Packaging DPM is the interface to the Design team. In tandem with the Packaging Design Director, the DPM will help to drive the definition of design requirements and continued engagement with cross-functional teams, as the project proceeds through prototype and NPI phases. The trajectory of this role does not ultimately point toward a role as a designer.
We are looking for a fearless organizer. Someone who is an agile thinker, comfortable with ambiguity and working in a creative, collaborative environment. Relevant and proven project management experience is essential.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management
- Work with Design Leads and Directors to proactively clarify requirements and use cases, while actively seeking clarification when there is ambiguity
- Build and maintain project timelines, clearly communicating critical milestones
- Facilitate cross-functional organization, communication and management
- Create and facilitate meetings and document action items and progress
- Report to senior management on project status and milestones
- Interface with the Product team on management of product requirements
- Work closely with the Design team on the execution of design requirements and timely delivery
- Collaborate with Engineering Project Managers to move projects through product development phases
- Provide coverage on industrial design projects, when needed.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years design or creative project management experience necessary
- Some experience project managing consumer product, packaging structure design preferred
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining working relationships
- Stellar written/verbal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills are a must
- Strong track record of shipping products and managing them through their entire life cycle
- Relative fluency in using standard project management tools
- Vendor management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks, drinks, and catered daily lunch
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and New York
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles