Director, eLiquid Operations Management
at JUUL Labs
***Must have pharma/medical background***
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes to support the manufacture of the Juul eliquids and the execution of the associated product roadmap. Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups through senior- and executive-level customer interaction. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
This position is a manager role and will be responsible for managing the OPM’s responsible for eliquid production. This position would report to the Vice President of Manufacturing.
- Identify, recruit, hire, develop and oversee large teams comprised of both direct and indirect reports.
- Ensure the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, KPIs (key performance indicators) and other targets.
- Drive quality goals and objectives working with the quality organization, support FDA and OUS regulator submissions and inspections.
- Ensures operational execution is compliant to GMPs and JUUL requirements.
- Significantly contribute to the immediate, medium- and longer-term planning and development of their respective team. Identifying and recommending new/enhanced or extended opportunities and the resources required, including departmental budgeting, operations planning, etc.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal/external partners & stakeholders.
- Participate, as and when needed/appropriate, in cross-functional or other project teams; helping the overall business of Juul to continuously evolve, improve and excel.
- Effectively partner with peer managers to ensure alignment on priorities, accountabilities, and objectives.
- Anticipates potential collaboration issues/opportunities across teams and collaborates with peer managers to resolve them proactively.
- Communicates the importance of compliance and fosters an environment where teams feel safe to report issues as necessary.
- Is viewed by peers as a leader who can pull team together around a common goal and represent team to senior management.
- Owns the execution of operational SLA delivery and escalations.
- Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process.
- Demonstrates and coaches team on advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving, including proactively identifying process changes/ improvements.
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers to support accountabilities
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Develops next generation of leaders by increasing performance and contributions from their team
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 10-15 years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing management.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel globally, 25% to 40%.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop team members.
- Ability to manage senior and junior team members.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving.
- Proficient in common office computer software.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA or Master’s degree preferred. Degree in Business Management, Operations Management or Engineering is preferred.
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow in your career, we’ll help you set objectives and meet them
- Supportive team members and hiring managers
- Generous referral bonuses
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- We’ll subsidize your monthly cellphone bill
- Discounts on JUUL products/devices
- We’ll equip you with a MacBook or Dell
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents