JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
As part of the Youth Prevention team, your work is critical to the success of the company and will have visibility at the highest levels of JUUL.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Director of Solutions Engineering for the Youth Prevention Team, you will hold an impactful role working closely with implementation partners and a highly cross-functional JUUL team to help national and regional chain retailers implement upgrades to their point of sale systems to enable the more effective prevention of youth access to JUUL products at retail. In this role you will report to the head of youth prevention technology.
Daily responsibilities include designing the technical processes for deploying upgraded point of sale solutions across thousands of national and regional retailer stores, and leading a team of sales engineers to guide retailers through technical and business implementation.
This role is best suited for an individual passionate about the power of technology to make a difference in eliminating youth access to JUUL products, and improving the integrity of the retail channel for JUUL’s customers: adult smokers looking for a satisfying alternative.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably customer success, project management, or account management
- Experience driving technical implementations
- Experience leading sales engineering teams
- Proficiency in technical writing and producing technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem solving skills: able to design creative solutions to address customer pain points
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple project requirements during different stages of the implementation lifecycle.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to align project priorities
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Strong bias for action; can be trusted to rapidly and effectively execute everything assigned to them
- Experience conducting demos and building training materials
- Experience scaling solution engineering teams and processes
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of point of sale systems and / or retail technology
- Comfortable with travel up to 25%
Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technical field preferred. MBA is preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits