JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Global Marketing Strategy & Enablement team at JUUL serves as the strategic and operational arm of the Chief Marketing Officer. As a leader in this team, you will be accountable for building and leading a high-performing internal consulting team.
You will partner with global marketing leaders across the organization to identify, develop, manage and lead high priority strategic initiatives. You will have a front-row seat to many strategic-level conversations, will be expected to contribute to these conversations, and will be responsible for capturing, and owning key action items – rolling-up sleeves and getting into the weeds when needed.
The ideal candidate will possess 10+ years in global marketing and business strategy experience in a challenging, fast-paced environment, inclusive of management consulting experience.
- Represent the marketing department on strategic business operations teams in support of executive level special projects
- Define requirements, scope, activities and milestones in cross-department initiatives and special projects
- Structure plans, including dependencies, resource requirements, and risk matrices, and drive project management
- Manage strategic relationships with external partners, vendors, and customers, and ensure alignment on the plan
- Actively partner with Insights & Analytics teams to identify strategic solutions to deploy in cross-marketing initiatives
- Establish reporting dashboard standards and guide executive progress communications for integrated function priorities
- Develop repeatable processes for program management, establish best practices to guide program design, and codify learnings to serve as a playbook for future initiatives
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of marketing and business strategy experience in a combination of corporate and consulting roles
- Experience in the CPG, tech, biotech, alcohol, or medical device industries
- Experience developing and delivering strategic plans, processes and tools within a matrixed organization
- Proven history of compelling executive storytelling and ability to produce polished presentations
- Holistic understanding of analytics and research with ability to transform data into usable insights and effective programs
- Superior business acumen and functional understanding of the interplay between marketing and other functions, including sales, trade, product, digital, e-commerce, supply chain, government affairs, and IP / legal
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Google Slides and Excel
- Strong business/commercial experience; action oriented
- Strong process and program re-engineering, and change management skills
- Executive presence with proven ability to instill confidence and earn credibility as an advisor
- Self-starter, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to focus on tactical execution to get the job done
- Consultative mindset to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong partnerships
- Superior attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- MBA preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.