JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Clinical Supply Manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of investigational and non-investigational products (product delivery to destruction) and ancillary supplies for preclinical, clinical, and behavioral studies, in coordination with Global Supply Chain, Clinical Operations, CMC, Regulatory, Quality, and Finance. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in clinical supply chain management, program or project management, with global experience preferred. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of GMP principles and be able to independently manage clinical supply chain activities related to planning/forecasting, labelling, packaging, distribution, import/export, inventory management, and reconciliation and destruction of clinical trial material.
The Clinical Supply Manager will serve as an integral part of the Medical, Scientific and Clinical Affairs team, and will work closely with the Director of Strategic Operations in Global Supply Chain.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong understanding of product, components, assembly, performance, and physiological effects
- Interpret and monitor study demand and consumption, manage changes, update supply forecast and communicate updates to all key stakeholders.
- Inventory management and distribution throughout study cycle, including comparator product sourcing and IP reconciliation, return and destruction.
- Establish relationship with relevant external Contract Manufacturer (CM) teams, and when necessary, oversee product manufacturing and packaging and labeling activities at CMs.
- Responsible for coordinating requests with Supply Planning group for planning and procurement of raw material and components used by both commercial and clinical supply chain.
- Track all Purchase Requests and Purchase Orders related to clinical supply orders and ensure amounts/ pricing are accurate and ensure timely routing for approvals and reception.
- Weekly/Monthly meeting with CMs to confirm execution of forecast and Investigational Product supply plan, drive ad-hoc meetings to review exceptions/changes to plan.
- Maintain pricing sheets for each vendor reflecting the current unit pricing and track the number of purchase orders issued for vendors that have volume discount price breaks so that the correct price is reflected on those purchase orders.
- Serve as Supply Chain representative on external manufacturing Site/Research Launch Teams and complete action items to ensure on-time launch, i.e. API tracking, manufacturing/packaging scheduling.
- May require travel up to 15%
Integral Collaboration with Medical, Scientific and Clinical Affairs
- Interpretation of protocol or study overview (From Clinical, Preclinical, Behavioral or Medical Affairs) to assist in calculating total supply demand and translation of total demand into a forecast over time
- Establish strong working relationship with Global Supply Chain, working closely with Strategic Operations, Quality programs to communicate forecast and work together to create action plan to achieve deliverables on time for Research study start
- Preparation of an investigational product supply plan to support the demand forecast, including but not limited to:
- Quantity and packaging of active, placebo and/or if applicable, comparator or rescue supplies needed to fulfill the requirements of the trial protocol over the life of the trial, as well as blinding plan (if applicable).
- Acceptable storage temperatures and conditions, storage times, reconstitution fluids and procedures and devices for product infusion.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry with experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, Inventory Management, or end-to-end commercial supply chain business processes and systems
- Experience with clinical trial operations, project management, and pharma/bio research and development.
- Solution oriented with general knowledge of GxP and GMP principles.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be flexible in the face of shifting needs and/or priorities.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Finance related experience including preparing and managing the department forecasts.
- Intermediate to advanced software use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Microsoft Project; experience or familiarity with ERP systems for Product Lifecycle Management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements to multiple internal audiences.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.