JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Supplier Quality Manager – Packaging to join our Quality Supply Chain team. They will develop, establish and maintain packaging related quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices which meet FDA, customer, and regulatory requirements. They will lead a team of Quality representatives to improve awareness, visibility, communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities.
- Provide leadership on championing departmental or cross-functional engineering initiatives.
- Interact with cross-functional packaging leaders to ensure projects, initiatives and manufacturing issues are appropriately resourced.
- Direct projects to ensure the manufacture of high-quality product and facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to employees to achieve personal, departmental, and business goals.
- Monitor compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with ISO standards, FDA, EEO and OSHA regulations etc).
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Identify, develop and implement processes to improve department performance.
- Monitor departments activities and records to ensure compliance independent action through critical decision making.
- Provide manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
- Direct Quality personnel to support new product development by defining projects focused on new products/process development based on coordination with management, project leaders, & design engineers.
- Lead the team in crisis management situations. Makes decisions and takes accountability, sometimes with limited information, in high-pressure time limited situations.
- International and Domestic travel to supplier locations, up to 50-70%.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering Management.
- 5+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Quality Engineering, Process Operations, Test, Design or Product Engineering, Reliability and/or Qualification.
- Experience working in an FDA or ISO13485 regulated environment, preferably medical device or pharmaceutical, is required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience managing electronic and manual assembly in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process.
- Experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills; Works with JUUL Management, Consultants, and Staff to develop practical solutions to achieve regulatory compliance and support quality process improvements.
- Strong supplier quality program management skills.
- Substantial interpersonal/influencing/negotiation skills.
- Preferred certifications: Six Sigma (Green/Black belt), Quality Engineer and/or Quality Auditor.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Applied Science
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits