JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to the Senior Director for Public Policy, the Deputy Director will drive JUUL’s approach to and perspective on issues relating to manufacturing standards, data privacy and protection, counterfeit / IP, and youth prevention. You will work cross-functionally with Product Development, Quality/Supply Chain, Clinical and Medical Affairs, and Comms to develop and influence JUUL’s policy strategy with respect to these topics within the company. You will also work closely with and support the Government Affairs team, serving as JUUL’s central policy expert on these areas for global, federal, and state lobbyists. Distilling complicated technical and policy issues into simple, clear, compelling presentations will be a core function.
- Quickly build expertise in key policy areas and work cross-functionally to identify public policy positions to support the company’s mission.
- Partner with internal teams such as the Legal, Quality/Supply Chain, Regulatory, Product Development and Marketing to develop a proactive and responsible global policy agenda on key topics.
- Lead with data and evidence on the policy environment around ENDS products and provide critical insights to the executive team that helps us make good, evidence-led decisions.
- Develop robust operational and communication mechanisms to enable outward-facing company representatives with well-organized data and analysis to support the policy positions that you develop.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years’ experience in policy/strategy, preferably both public sector and private sector
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills
- Proven team player with an ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- High level of integrity and ethics critical
- Experience working with both legislative and agency-level advocacy a plus
- Experience with healthcare/pharmaceutical advocacy a plus
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Degree or advanced degree level in related field
- First-rate personal, political, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues
- Flexibility to switch between multiple policy issues a must
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, both for subject matter experts and the layperson
- Ability to work independently – but also as part of a team
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.