ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
We seek a highly motivated Engineering Program Manager for Installations & Start-up to help expand our growing business. This function will report into our Sustaining Manufacturing Operations Engineering group and will focus on readiness preparation of sites for production equipment installations, start-ups, and line moves. This person is responsible for working with cross functional teams from operations engineering that are focused on preparation and execution of new CM site expansions and line moves
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and drive program deliverables and schedules
- Develop core teams that define the program/project and manage activities which may require working directly with equipment suppliers, vendors, and customers
- Develop equipment installation and relocation planning - overall plan (PR/PO, logistics, rig-in, start-up teams, training, etc.)
- Track, organize, and control documents produced during the expansion and relocations processes – develop an equipment expansions process with appropriate controlled documents and templates
- Work with equipment suppliers and our own JUUL team to ensure manuals, training plans, spares, etc., are ready and in place
- Complete installation, startup, qualification with Manufacturing and Automation engineering teams
- Focus on program management responsibilities such as schedule, scope, and budget items
- Generate standard program management items that include schedule with identified dependencies, resource requirements, risk matrices, etc.
- Be flexible to identified priorities and projects – projects may range in magnitude from ECN implementation at sites through expansion of the company into other areas of the world
- Work with appropriate business and procurement teams to put in place plans for setup, installation, and repairs & maintenance programs at CM sites
- Respond quickly to changes to the overall goals and schedules
- Drive multi-functional teams towards consensus of requirements
- Use financial acumen to help develop templates and improvements to current processes/procedures that lead to better overall decision making
- Work with the company to improve stage-gate and other required processes
- Calculate value of change in process/equipment requested by OEM or internal teams
- Succinctly communicate overall equipment status to the management team
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of experience in a technical industry - semiconductor, consumer electronics, automotive, solar, medical devices, PCBA, etc. – experience in an FDA regulated industry preferred.
- 5+ years in program/project management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities.
- Experience working with multi-national cross-functional teams in high volume manufacturing
- Demonstrable track record of managing cross-functional teams in order to achieve objectives
- Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization
- Provide regular executive level communication of technical health of programs
- Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity, and attention to details
- Ability to travel globally (~25%)
- BA/BS in an engineering or technical field (physics, chemistry, etc.) required
- PMP and/or construction management credential preferred
JULLS LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents
- FSA (flexible spending account)
- 401K Plan
- JUUL Labs observes 9 paid holidays throughout the year plus 3 floating holidays to be used at your discretion
- Three weeks of PTO each benefit year, beginning on your hire date
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, St Croix, Minneapolis, WI