JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and qualified Chemistry Technician to contribute to key R&D initiatives. The individual will be an integral part of the innovation team collaborating across functions to deliver technology for our future product platforms. The candidate is a high energy effective individual contributor working to meet scope and schedule needs. Reporting to senior manager of formulations, this position will be responsible for supporting scientific efforts in producing and characterizing products and materials. You will be preparing samples in the chemistry lab, conducting experiments, working with the engineering team to analyze prototypes, and assisting with laboratory keep-up and purchasing. You are a flexible, hands-on person, with some experience in handling chemicals.
- Prepare testing samples and prototypes
- Execute experiments to test products and prototypes
- Write and present reports on test results
- Assist in chemical instrumentation and lab maintenance
- Assist with purchase requests as needed
- Assist with drafting standard operating procedures and work instruction
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Willing to work independently on largely repetitive tasks
- Ability to closely follow instructions and standard operating procedures
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the R&D team
- AA Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in our state of the art Chemistry lab in Mountain View, CA
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C