JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Category Analytics Manager working within the Center of Excellence (COE) to develop cohesive, well-polished, selling stories for the retail sales teams to leverage in field with customers. The COE is the department that provides leadership, best practices, research, and support for our National Retail sales team. You will be the one responsible for supporting the development of sales tools, analysis, and creating sales stories to commercialize to front line personnel.
An excellent Category Analytics Manager must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Being able to understand insights and build into a well structured sales story that can be easily leveraged by front line sales team is the corner stone of this role. The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
- Builds consumer and customer insights to develop retailer selling stories trade and occasion-based marketing tools/ programs for execution by field sales team
- Identify insights, create opportunities, and deliver solutions that drive profitable sales growth
- Support long term sales plans, strategies, tactics, and tools that support national initiatives
- Perform analysis across a wide variety of retail business development issues
- Evaluates retailer programs to identify key indicators of success and measuring impact and developing insights that are used as basis for selling stores to be commercialized
- Shared accountability (with sales) for volume and execution but hold Category specific KPIs as well (Category Captaincy gains)
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years of general sales, marketing and distribution experience in a fast-paced, high performance consumer goods environment
- 3+ years of Analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Deep knowledge of sales / category management tools and processes
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Ability to manage a wide range of multiple priorities
- Strong ability to derive insights from consumer research and analysis
- Solid understanding of retail environment and buying
- Strong capability to create and maintain retail sales stores from sales, consumer, and shopper insights
- Business sense/acumen/business analysis – broad business requirements required for short and long-term business planning
- Advanced computer software proficiency (including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Sharepoint), VBA is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with syndicated data, software, and measures (Nielsen, demographic data, etc.)
- Mandatory University Degree in Business or related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- St. Louis, MO