req. # 5120
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
As Material Manager of Juul, will assist People manager of material team on: Manage CM(Contract Manufacture) on material planning, clear to build report update, buffer stock(Safety stock) management, Spot buy and inventory control , E&O report analysis and management; NPI material planning, make XCO component phase in plan, take lead on related process set up.
- Set up CTB report update and review process with CM, define CTB report format, daily review critical materials. CTB should have clear visibility over 26 weeks, work with CM and GSM team to pull in material shortage in 13 weeks, ensure materials supply meets build plan in CM. Escalate to high level for high risk components.
- Verify CM’s on hand and on order, manage CMs release PO based on forecast and LT. Set up buffer stock in CMs, give clear logic on buffer quantity; Adjust and control buffer stock flexible since forecast change, XCO change.
- Monthly update E&O report for components and FG, anticipate excess risk and reduce E&O cost, do analysis on E&O reason, use waterfall to identify excess liability, highlight parts with liability and propose solutions to management team.
- During NPI level, take lead on material readiness meetings with GSM, EPM, update material report to team with owner. Ensure team understand current material status and the risk.
- Take lead on material change, make phase in plan for material running change/cut in, reduce excess cost to the least.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of material planning, production planning, supply chain management experience.
- Five (5+) plus years with material planning.
- Experience in demand management, capacity analysis.
- Good at using ERP system, excel, work, PPT.
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
- Fact and analysis based decision-maker
- Entrepreneurial mindset with focus on value creation
- Proven contracting and contract management skills
- Team leader and player capabilities, leads by doing
- Proactive communication skills
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Strong communication skills, clear logic.
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- BS/BA Degree required
- MBA preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities