JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Head of Ambassadors will be responsible for recruiting, training and managing the JUUL Ambassador Duty Free team, across countries. Delivering the right product experience and education through one-one engagement with adult smokers, dualist and vapers is an important strategic focus, fundamental to the success of JUUL’s mission.
She/he will have in-depth experience in developing and managing ambassadorial programs and will understand the approach to trial, sampling, brand activation and visual merchandise. She/he will recruit and train the team, continuously track and report performance, develop and manage store visit plan in collaboration with the sales team, monitor activities and bring new ideas on how to bring to life our JUUL manifesto and strategy. Whilst working in collaboration with marketing, retail and sales teams, this role will lead the ambassador team.
The key components of the role are, in accordance to JUUL guidelines and specific needs of the local markets and the Duty Free channel:
- You will oversee, design, develop, coordinate, and run an effective strategic Ambassador program in Duty Free across the EMEA countries and guide in dotted line the head of Ambassadors for APAC and North America.
- Recruit the Ambassadors team across the EMEA countries, ensuring the local needs are met, working with local agencies if needed.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the Ambassador team, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals
- Ensure effective Training of all ambassadors – working with the Training Managers of each country – about the products, benefits and category, enabling them to deliver an excellent and inspiring product experience.
- Establish performance goals for employees, and monitors performance on a continual basis - Daily, weekly, Q, HY and FY, ROI, cost per contact etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness of ambassador program and provide summary reports to management, determining impact. Suggest improvement solutions to maximize ROI results.
- Document approach and gather learnings and data points to create a center of excellence and best practice approach
- This role reports to the Marketing Director, Trade Marketing and Retail Duty Free Global and in dotted line to the EMEA Ambassadors Director.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of in-depth BTL, managing a team performing trial and demo experience and sampling at large scale – (if from an agency, A list agency only, at supervisor level)
- Have worked in highly regulated environment
- Strong quantitative approach
- Preferable experience and knowledge of the Duty Free channel.
- Ideally experience and knowledge of the Vape /e-cig sector.
- Ability to multitask while leading and growing a team
- Presentations and negotiation skills - Confident with ability to present to all levels (internal and external)
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with key decision makers
- Ability to provide leadership whilst keeping a close team structure
- Must be fluent English and possibly also in other languages
- Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external
- Make it happen personality who can get things done fast - Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- A full EU driving license is preferred for this role
- Educated to a high level with further education qualifications in a related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Location to be determined.
- Commuter benefits