JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate understanding of engineering R&D processes, methods, practices, environments, etc., associated with high-volume consumer products.
- Responsible for planning, owning and organizing the build-out of the Hardware Development & Engineering Test Labs. Act as the point-of-contact for all issues pertaining to the lab and its usage.
- Take responsibility for implementing and maintaining lab best practices and working with the local facilities teams to make this achievable.
- Work closely with the Quality team to assure method and standard operating procedures (SOPs) compliance. Familiarity with EH&S/OSHA requirements;
- Work closely with the EH&S Manager to ensure compliance. Proactively manage laboratory supplies and critical reagents, including purchasing, inventory maintenance, storage and proper disposal.
- Maintain an accessible record of Material Safety Data Sheets for all potentially hazardous materials used within the company facility.
- Serve as the liaison between external vendors and internal parties including scientists and engineers.
- Establish processes and procedures for users of the lab to maximize the efficient use of shared lab resources. Maintain a safe and healthy lab environment for both employees and visitors.
- Develop training materials and ensure equipment users are certified.
- Create training records and plans for employees as proof of documentation.
- Work closely with the purchasing and procurement teams/departments to plan and budget for the growing and future needs of the business.
- Work with test and reliability engineers to enable internal validation and reliability test plans to be carried out.
- Work closely with external vendors to review equipment purchasing requirements, to ensure the equipment meets the need.
- Manage the assembly of all lab equipment and fixtures.
- Actively work with Project Managers to ensure all required items are on track to avoid any project delays.
- Coordinate various administrative tasks related to compiling, organizing, and producing materials.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience with proven track record in managing a lab in software R&D environment.
- Past experience planning and building-out hardware lab facilities is required.
- Strong motivation, independence and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to think independently and fully integrate into a high-achieving team environment.
- Show strong sense of ownership over work. Very organized; skilled at project management.
- Past hands-on experience with electro-mechanical equipment is a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent degree.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C