JUUL’s mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries. We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the FEA Program Manager, the FEA Engineer will be helping lead the growth of FEA utilization within the JUUL’s product development, R&D, and manufacturing processes.
- Performing FEA simulations that have high urgency and high impact to improve the JUUL device and or production of the JUUL device
- Working with the FEA application engineering team lead to ensure deadlines are being met
- Adjusting priorities, scope, or focus according to the dynamic environment
- Liaising with project leaders and division leaders to communicate impact and monitor pressing issues
- Working with the team lead to develop and grow an excellent FEA team with a passion for improving JUUL device designs and overcoming performance limitations
- Working with the broader team to develop the requirements and specifications that will drive our products forward
- Being ready at all times to communicate highly technical FEA concepts in simple terms to help simulation laypersons understand their importance and applicability.
In this consumer-centric product company, the FEA Engineer has an opportunity to have a high-level
impact on its success and direction. This position requires a deep knowledge of FEA techniques, solver
technology, and extensive experience in the application of FEA for consumer electronics. The FEA
engineer will be working with a variety of groups within JUUL that have only peripheral knowledge of
numerical solution techniques and their usefulness. The FEA engineer must be able to clearly
communicate the relevance of their work, and seek innovative ways to enhance & supplement existing testing procedures.
- Meets regularly with the FEA program manager to review projects, identify any issues and set expectations and goals.Collaborates with multiple departments providing timely analyses to investigate new product concepts, to speed design evolution, to simulate and refine production methods, and to investigate failure modes toward improving product robustness.
- Mentor less experienced staff on technical issues and handling projects and responsibilities.
- Works with FEA program manger to set task priority and assess intake of new projects
- Performs initial scoping of projects including requirement gathering, analysis needs, impact, urgency, timelines, and budget details.
- Experience with FEA tools and understanding of mechanical stress-strain, nonlinear materials including hyperelastics, mold-flow, part tolerancing, and assembly analysis.
- Demonstrable knowledge of FEA discretization techniques & methodologies, finite element theory, and their implementation in modern FEA codes. Preference for those who have experience in FEA code development.
- Experience with multiple Nonlinear FEA toolsComfortable driving multiple initiatives at a rapid pace, making thoughtful recommendations with available data.
- Active, high-energy communicator who drives a company vision/mission to align teams, critical resources, management, and stakeholders.
- Expertise in one (or more) of the areas of: product design, design exploration, design optimization, manufacturing process improvement.
- 5+ years experience
- Willingness to travel domestic and international as projects require
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required. Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS and BENEFITS:
* A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
* People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
* Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
* Boundless snacks and drinks
* Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
* Location. San Francisco, California
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles