About JUUL Labs:
James Monsees and Adam Bowen co-founded JUUL when they applied their background in product design to the challenge of finding a better alternative to smoking. They’d been smokers for many years, but they were increasingly dissatisfied with the health and social impacts of cigarettes. When they could find no attractive alternative to cigarettes, James and Adam recognized a groundbreaking opportunity to apply industrial design to the smoking industry, which had not materially evolved in over one hundred years. As smokers, they knew a viable alternative to cigarettes would have to offer nicotine satisfaction found in no other alternative on the market. It would also have to invite its own ritual. The result was JUUL.
We seek a highly motivated Engineering Program Manager to be part of our growing Manufacturing Test Engineering group under Operations Engineering. You will be responsible for managing and driving execution of multiple projects including various overseas Contract Manufacturing sites in the US and Worldwide. You will be collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver NPI and manufacturing changes to JUUL’s product lines from proto through mass production. In this role, you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives.
- Manage and drive NPI projects from inception to MP for Test Engineering related activities.
- Manage and drive the execution of changes and improvement projects at our Contract Manufacturing sites related to test hardware, software or process change.
- Fully leverage the CMs, Sustaining and Suppliers to execute project plan, resource, and schedule.
- Drive day-to-day project and program activities to meet overall objectives and deliverables.
- Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects.
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules and reporting of status.
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering, automation, sustaining, operation, product development, CMs, and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals.
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management.
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to full closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
- 20-30% international and domestic travel is required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8-10+ years of combined experience in project management in engineering, delivering high quality medical or consumer products.
- Experience with NPI process with the focus on test engineering of high-volume products.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information across different audience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to follow rapid development cycles; remains flexible during ambiguity and scope changes.
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of test engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Experience interfacing with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations, Marketing, Product Development and NPI groups
- Detail oriented with a strong quality mindset. Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions.
- Must be fluent with project management tools such as Agile, MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
JULLS LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents
- FSA (flexible spending account)
- 401K Plan
- JUUL Labs observes 9 paid holidays throughout the year plus 3 floating holidays to be used at your discretion
- Three weeks of PTO each benefit year, beginning on your hire date
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, SF, San Francisco, San Jose, Mountain View, CA