JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Role And Responsibilities:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Senior Global Supply Manager professional to join our Supply Chain team. The Senior Global Supply Manager has the responsibility for leading and managing automation equipment sourcing and procurement globally. This position will be based at the Supply Chain Center of Excellence in Suzhou, China and will report to the Director of Capital Equipment Sourcing.
- Develop and lead the sourcing and supplier selection process for automation equipment category to support manufacturing and operations goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement objectives and strategies that support the corporate capital spending plan.
- Design and implement a corporate-wide Equipment Review Process.
- Develop and lead functional teams to improve the reliability of automation equipment.
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select suppliers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results.
- Negotiate and implement appropriate contracts with suppliers.
- Establish and implement procurement policies with suppliers to ensure quality, delivery, and cost improvements including KPI’s and scorecards.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5-10 years of experience in Procurement including significant time managing capital equipment sourcing and/or procurement.
- Effective management of capital buying projects within a manufacturing environment; RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities.
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of capital expenditures, ROI, NPV, cash flow, and total cost of ownership.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills.
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to develop and implement a well-thought-out sourcing strategy.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement and business operations, systems, organizational structure, performance metrics (KPI) and supply base.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA preferred. Degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering is preferred.
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow in your career, we’ll help you set objectives and meet them
- Supportive team members and hiring managers
- Generous referral bonuses
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- We’ll subsidize your monthly cellphone bill
- Discounts on JUUL products/devices
- We’ll equip you with a MacBook or Dell
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents