JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for a for a Senior Technical Accountant who is a versatile pro with deep technical expertise, the ability to manage multiple complex projects with minimal supervision and excellent initiative. You will assist in the determination and documentation of the accounting for complex and non-routine transactions. You will also help facilitate the implementation of new accounting standards, help manage the routine accounting close and engage with external auditors, work with our outside consultants to facilitate ongoing compliance and analysis and assist with other accounting projects as needed. The ideal candidate will have a forward-thinking approach to efficient accounting processes.
You can look forward to challenging, independent projects where you can really make a difference. You’ll be exercising your concrete and abstract problem-solving skills, drawing on your broad operational understanding of the whole business, reviewing others’ work and using your well-developed written and oral communications skills to get great results.
- Working cross-functionally with finance, legal and other business partners, analyze and document accounting conclusions under US GAAP and IFRS for complex and unusual transactions
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Senior Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager’s attention
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts mainly related to acquired intangibles resulting from business combinations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financials and fluxes
- Research new accounting guidance and exposure drafts, and clearly communicate findings to supervisors
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Ensure SOX compliance and ability to remediate non-compliance issues
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Advise on procedure and financial management
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency
- Assist with audits and taxes
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
- Assist month-end/year-end close processes
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of Big 4 public accounting experience and/or CPA designation with public company experience
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.