JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, passionate and experienced material scientist to support current and new products, and harm reduction platforms at JUUL Labs.
The position will report to the Director of Product Integrity at JUUL Labs. The incumbent will be required to provide material science knowledge to support various regulatory and quality functions, and will work very closely with the toxicology team team in finding solutions to meet business needs across the life-cycle of the current and potentially new product platforms. The individual will be required to interact cross-functionally and across regulatory, scientific affairs, quality, engineering departments and contract manufacturing organizations.
- Provide stewardship support across products, materials, ingredients, technologies, manufacturing processes, etc. for JUUL.
- Utilize relevant material science knowledge and provide solutions to the business in collaboration with JUUL’s toxicology team.
- Lead/participate on cross-functional teams, providing scientific expertise while representing Product Quality and Regulatory Team.
- Monitor and address complex issues related to the ingredients and materials used in the production of the company’s products.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of materials supporting regulatory submissions.
- Work with the Quality and Regulatory Teams in established company-wide product practices to maintain high product integrity.
- Participate in scientific meetings and conferences to maintain and expand technical knowledge and expertise.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- M.S. or PhD in Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- 0-2 years of experience for candidates with PhD; 4-6 years of experience for candidates with M.S. (academic or industry);
- Significant hands-on experience and understanding of general materials science
- Experience in plastics, metals, and/or ceramics preferred
- Experience in material selection and characterization to support the production of high integrity products
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to travel 20-25%
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.