JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Commercial Strategy and Planning, Manager for Canada. In this role, you will work with stakeholders across JUUL — sales, product-brand, trade marketing, sales operations, supply chain, finance, and regulatory-legal — and senior leadership in Canada to strengthen JUUL’s position in the marketplace. This role is ideal for someone who has experience in a combination of management consulting and cross-functional corporate roles as defined below. In this role you’ll be wearing different hats, so you should be comfortable jumping in and out of projects both strategic and operational.
The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Perform commercial business planning, implementation, and evaluation to deliver solutions that drive profitable sales growth.
- Drive the commercial efforts supporting customer promotions, product launches, brand campaigns, new channel strategy, and trade marketing and sales operations execution.
- Define implementation priorities and execution plans. Manage external and internal customer relationships, influencing strategy and execution.
- Structure strategic plans and analyze business problems, including assessments of risks, benefits, and operational agility. Counsel executives to ensure organizational alignment.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of experience in a combination of management consulting and corporate roles
- Proven history of project leadership and positive results in a highly cross-functional, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Self-starter with ability to focus on tactical execution to get the job done
- Demonstrated interest in the CPG, tech, or medical device industries
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong cross-functional partnerships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Preferred: Experience in commercial planning, and project management of sales, trade-marketing or distribution strategy
- Preferred: Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or business operations
- Bonus: Experience at a high-growth startup
- Bonus: Experience designing and implementing best-in-class process with cross-functional partners
- Bonus: Functional understanding spanning sales, product-brand, trade marketing, sales operations, supply chain, finance, and regulatory / legal
- Bonus: Familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, Salesforce, etc.)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada