JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a qualified Research Associate, Sensory to contribute to key R&D initiatives. The candidate is a high energy, enthusiastic, effective individual contributor working on a variety of R&D projects. You will be working in conjunction with other sensory experts, executing sensory panels to characterize JUUL and other products, and assisting the engineering and marketing teams to design, analyze and test new prototypes. Candidate should be a flexible, out of the box thinker, a hands-on scientist, a good communicator, and have practical experience conducting sensory studies.
- Devise, document, and execute sensory testing protocols
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other scientists and engineers in R&D and marketing/sales people to develop new technologies
- Write and present reports on test results
- Facilitate, prepare and participate in daily sampling/testing.
- Perform panel coordination.
- Manage Standards program inventory tracking and organization.
- Identify differences from expectations/standards.
- Coordinate the collection and shipping of samples for sensory evaluation in the various locations
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3+ years of industry or academic (food, beverage, pharma, biotech) experience
- Previous hands-on experience of sensory studies/consumer focus panels required
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Willing to learn and develop new skills by contributing to areas outside of expertise
- Enthusiasm and integrity
- BS/MS degree in Food Science, Sensory Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in our state of the art Chemistry lab in Mountain View, CA
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C