JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Project Management, JUUL is looking for an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to support the design and development of JUUL products’ packaging. This person will work primarily with the Reliability, Packaging, and Manufacturing teams, but will also interface with mechanical engineer teams.
EPMs at JUUL are responsible for communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, validation/FA/CA and project status in the development of new products as well as sustaining engineering projects. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues. The candidate will have a background in structural packaging development, ASTM testing protocol definition, functional and cosmetic standard definition, and experience working with a variety of packaging technologies, including but not limited to: folding cartons, paper pulp, rigid boxes, blister cards, corrugated materials, and palletizations. EPM also needs to have a good understanding of the manufacturing processes - from part design to reliability testing, as well as full understanding of all the team inter-dependencies that exist in software development and launch.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The Associate EPM will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus regulatory, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL.
- Maintain frequent communication within the Engineering, Quality and Product Management teams
- Create and maintain project schedules (multiple projects at any given time)
- Demonstrate cross-functional organization, communication, and management between multiple teams in different departments
- Create meetings and document action items and progress
- Travel to support packaging vendors and manufacturing builds
- Work closely with Packaging Engineering and Reliability Engineering to move relevant packaging projects through to manufacturing
- Support quality systems around packaging acceptance criteria
- Oversee packaging testing at 3rd party vendors or in-house
- Support Product Packaging development within engineering
- Experience with developing and creating test protocol and procedure
- Experience meeting production supply chain, transportation & agency requirements
Skills And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, a BS in mechanical engineering/packaing engineering or equivalent, practical field experience
- 1-2+ years of project management experience
- Strong technical background, including the ability to communicate with people from different technical backgrounds (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, and Global Supply)
- Strong track record of working on consumer electronics products
- Experience working with off-shore manufacturers and travel to manufacturing sites is a plus
- Extremely strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- International and domestic travel may be required (approximately 10%).
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status. We comply with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and do not unlawfully discriminate against applicants with criminal convictions.