We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for managing and growing an assigned territory within the Sarnia, Ontario, Canada region by adding new points of distribution, establishing relationships with our Retail Partners and their staff, distribution partners and their sales reps, and others to provide them with valuable insights about the industry / category, our leading innovative products, consumer profiles/trends to consistently exceed their expectations in our knowledge and attentiveness to their overall business needs and the growth of their overall business in the category. Proficiency with sales technologies, including but not limited to CRM software, communication technologies and software, etc. is necessary for success in this role. We are looking for individuals who thrive in an energetic, creative, innovative and data driven environment. Candidates should have the talent to execute successfully on these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities and want to succeed in a fast moving and exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with JUUL in our new Sarnia, Ontario, Canada Region.
We’re looking for employees who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability and want an opportunity to really make a difference. Our sales professionals do this by educating retailers, distribution partners and connecting with our adult tobacco consumers in a "1 on 1" manner with the purpose of gaining trial and transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL as well as drive retailer and influencer engagement and advocacy.
* Please note you are applying for a role within the Ontario region. We are also seeking Territory Sales Managers throughout Canada. TSMs are required to live in their assigned territories. Travel to other regions may be required as needed.
- Devise Sales strategies with the goal of increasing points of distribution, shelf space, product positioning, consumer awareness, trial, conversion and ultimately user acquisition.
- Calling on established accounts and prospecting new traditional and nontraditional retailers; i.e Specialty retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), C-Stores, Bodegas, etc.
- Plan, organize, and execute sales strategies and territory plans.
- Develop SWOT and territory analysis and execute sales strategies against analysis with data driven decision making.
- Work collaboratively with Trade Marketing to increase awareness and positioning at Retail.
- Work cross-functionally with HQ (San Francisco), Regional Office / Team and other teams nationally.
- Proficient and or adept to using today’s sales technologies and software, especially CRM - SalesForce, to identify, analyze and act upon leads, opportunities, sales funnels, customer data.
- Selling and executing local, regional and national Trade Marketing and branding initiatives into existing and prospective accounts.
- Achieving OKR’s (KPI’s) set for the company, regional team and individual performance.
- Building deep “Trusted Advisor” relationships with store managers / owners and distribution partner’s sales teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry, retail strategies and sales tactics.
- Engaging in product training's, demos, consumer awareness, branding and acquisition initiatives.
- Enthusiastically promoting the marketing message and product mix through direct discussions with retailers using data and analytical proficiency, as well as using influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for JUUL and our retail partners.
- Consistently representing yourself and applying JUUL Labs company values in all business interactions It is expected that Territory Sales Managers will become not only a passionate product and industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
- Possibly attend trade shows and events to market product.
- Possibly attend retailer and distributor product and sales training events.
- Drive retailer engagement and improve retailer satisfaction and advocacy.
- Create buzz and increase consumer demand for product.
- Communicate plans to leadership. Be able to develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results.
- Assess both successes and failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
- Focus on execution to make things happen and get the job done.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 1–3 years experience, CPG, Spirits, Tobacco and/or consumer electronics a plus
Bonus Skills and Experience:
- Bi-lingual, Korean, Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin, etc
Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Good understanding of a test and learn approach
- Willingness to operate out of your comfort zone in a new industry
- Great communicator using technology (powerpoint, excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Able to make data driven decisions
- Capability to discern important factors from noise in a busy role
- Proficiency, and aptitude of basic computer skills, and CRM software (SalesForce).
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn new sales technology and data analytics.
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative and be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location: Sarnia, Ontario Region
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C