JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL, product managers understand our customers and their needs. We use that understanding to define, develop, launch, and maintain new products. Product managers at JUUL are collaborative: we work across all functions and seniority levels to formulate and execute product strategy, product definition, implementation priorities, and launch plans. Above all, we are mission-driven: we develop comprehensive strategies and relentless execution plans that are aligned with our vision of eliminating combustible cigarettes.
Director, Innovation Product Management Emerging Opportunities (EMNS) is JUUL’s shorthand for developing new solutions for smokers aren’t best served by JUUL’s current offerings. Of the world’s 1 billion smokers, many are outside the US in markets where the culture and economics of smoking prevent them from accessing JUUL products.
The EMNS Director of Innovation Product Management is responsible for overseeing research activities that informs new product development, owning the EMNS product roadmap and developing the EMNS programs working with regional business leads.
- Develop and own EMNS product roadmap and strategy to fill gaps in JUUL’s current addressable market
- Develop market and consumer research projects in close collaboration with HQ CMI and regional business teams to drive EMNS product pipeline
- Develop processes to work with internal teams (e.g., R&D, Consumables, Flavor Lab) to drive EMNS innovation and new product development aligned with regional market needs
- Develop and own research activities relevant to driving new product development
- Balance technical feasibility with user requirements and timely releases working with HQ engineering and regional business leaders
- 10+ years product/program management experience (or similar experience).
- A demonstrable history of successful consumer product launches.
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Expert in primary research methodology (e.g., ethnography, focus groups, quant/qual) and insight development.
- Experience managing local and remote teams (3-8 direct reports).
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in consumer research/product development for emerging markets.
- Able to travel overseas for extended periods of time (7-10 days).
- 8+ years working in a hardware product management role.
- Experience working in emerging markets and with remote teams.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA, management consulting experience or similar experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities