JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Juul Labs Advanced Technologies is a multidisciplinary group of scientists and engineers with depth in the areas of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, firmware, chemistry, and aerosol science with a goal of expanding the boundary of what is possible within the vaporization space. We are hoping to augment this team by adding someone with a deep knowledge of algorithms and data science. Reporting to the Director of Algorithms, this role will explore and develop algorithms to enable sophisticated product features. The role will involve collecting product and user data, analyzing the data to drive insights into how and why our products work, developing algorithms to process sensor outputs, implementing control laws, and building prototypes to test concepts.
- Build mobile and web prototypes to test features and concepts.
- Gather insights through data science.
- Drive innovation through the development of algorithms and control laws.
- Develop tools, systems, and/or processes for data collection and analysis.
- Attend and contribute to brainstorms.
- Design and run experiments to collect data.
- Write invention disclosures and work with attorneys to file patent applications.
- Document experiments and results.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience developing web and mobile apps (full stack) is required, geared towards rapid prototyping.
- Knowledgeable about data science and machine learning.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience working with backend services and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience with connected devices/IoT is a plus.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas.
- Ability to write embedded firmware is a plus.
- Experience with electrical engineering, circuit design, and circuit design is a plus.
- Familiarity with thermodynamics and heat transfer is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles