JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the #1 US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments, and Tao Capital, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, and biotech—and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JUUL Labs is seeking a Sr. Director, Partnerships for its rapidly scaling business in Austin, TX. As part of the Commercial Programs team, you will partner with leaders across the organization including sales, business development, marketing, supply chain, product development, scientific affairs, regulatory, and IP / legal. Work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company, with real opportunity to influence business direction.
The ideal candidate has 8-12 years of relevant legal or banking experience. In this role, you will lead (and grow) the team responsible for identifying, negotiating, and executing partnerships designed to accelerate growth of the business. Potential responsibilities include:
- Identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing partnership opportunities
- Sourcing, engaging, and building relationships with target program partners
- Managing quantitative and qualitative due diligence for potential partnerships
- Creating multi-contingency tactical plans across various verticals, including key individuals, events, meetings, content and messaging, and timelines
- Managing contract negotiations with partner organizations
- Hiring, leading & mentoring a team into effective action and professional development
- Presenting partner program opportunities to JUUL executive leadership and across the organization
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 8-12 years of experience in partnerships, business development, or an equivalent field
- A track record of structuring and negotiating mutually beneficial deals between large organizations
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for growing businesses through creative strategic alliances
- Strong experience presenting to and leading complex discussions with C-level executives and board members
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Advanced business, finance, or legal degree from a top-tier institution preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL product
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid parental leave for all parents
- Extensive fertility and family planning support
- Location. Work in Austin, TX, the live music capital of the world!
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status.