JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Project Manager for the Analytical Chemistry group within Research and Development you will be responsible for streamlining several internal and external research initiatives.
In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on method development, coordinating meetings, internal and external project progress reports, schedule equipment calibration and maintenance, and other R&D efforts as needed.
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives
- Creating a project plan for an efficient monitoring of internal and external collaborations
- Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action
- Create and maintain project schedules and meeting notes
- Facilitate communications across cross-functional research, engineering, and preclinical groups
- Effective communication between project teams and external vendors
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years of combined experience in project management.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (e.g., Gantt chart, MS project)
- Generally knowledgeable about various analytical chemistry techniques (GC, LC, MS, etc)
- Experience interfacing with different functional groups - Operations, Engineering/Design and Marketing teams
- BS degree in Science, ideally Chemistry. Advanced degree a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles