JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes to support the manufacture of the Juul device and accessories and the execution of the associated product roadmap. Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups through senior- and executive-level customer interaction. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
This position is a manager role and will be responsible for managing a team responsible for strategic initiatives device assembly. This position would report to the Director of Device Manufacturing.
- Identify, recruit, hire, develop and oversee a team comprised of direct reports capable of achieving large scale strategic objectives that will impact the company’s future quality, delivery and cost objectives
- Help bring our device and accessory manufacturing organization into the future including world class manufacturing processes, planning and strategic functions
- Align with Quality organization to ensure compliance within our internal and external partners
- Ensure the team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, deliverables and targets
- Contribute to the immediate, medium and long term planning and development toward company targets including the Annual Operating Plan. Identify and recommend new opportunities to further impact company performance.
- Work collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with all internal/external partners and stakeholders.
- Participate, as and when needed/appropriate, in cross-functional or other project teams; helping the overall business of Juul to continuously evolve, improve and excel.
- Effectively partner with peer manager to ensure alignment on priorities, accountabilities and objectives.
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-10 years of experience in global manufacturing, including experience with strategic large scale program management
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel globally, up to 50%.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop team members.
- Ability to communicate to senior and junior team members.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules under tight windows
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge business operations, technical systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving.
- Proficient in common office computer software
- Degree in Business Management, Operations Management or Engineering is preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities-